Friday, July 3, 2009

"Heart" Trouble - The Church Is Full Of It...

My pastor has been teaching on the heart, which is very interesting to study. I came up with this today. I enjoy creating things like this using spiritual truths.

When your doctor suspects heart trouble one of the first tests he will give you is an EKG.

Let's have a spiritual EKG and see if we have heart trouble.

E - EXAMINE yourself and see whether you be in the faith. IICorinthains 13:5

K - KNOW what is in your heart, Have you died to sin and live unto righteousness?
IPeter 2:24

G - GET on your knees and ask God to show you what is in your heart. Psalm 19:12

Doing these 3 things can be a real eye opener. One thing is sure, if you are serious, God will show you the truth about yourself. The good, the bad and the ugly. The great thing about God is He won't leave you that way. The more I learn about God's love, mercy and grace, the more I want to know Him. I no longer feel like I HAVE to read His Word, or pray. When you truly love God works will follow. You will pray because you want more of His presence, you will read His Word because you want to know Him better, and you will give because you want to further His Kingdom. You won't pray and read His Word to win points with Him. You won't give to Him only to get a blessing in return. I long for the day that we can go to church and when the offering is taken up all you will hear is, "it is time to give to further the Kingdom of God." Instead you hear a 10 minute sermonette on giving to get yourself blessed. I cringe every time I hear it. But I haven't been to a church where they don't do it. I love when God blesses me financially, but I think the church dwells on it WAY too much.

This is a good reason to examine yourself, especially if you are an altar worker. The Lord showed me something in the Spirit many years ago in a church service during altar call. There are 3 main things people ask prayer for, spiritual blessings, financial blessings, and physical blessings. The problem is, not always, but sometimes the person praying for the one wanting a financial blessing is in deep debt themself, the one praying for the physical need does not take care of their own body, God's Temple, and the one praying for someone's spiritual need is a lot of the times in a worse spiritual condition than the one they are praying for. Spirits are transferable, and you must be very careful who you let lay hands on you. When the Lord showed me this, it blew me away. It was life changing for me.

EXAMINE yourself, have you found the abundant life of abiding in Jesus
KNOWING He loves you in spite of yourself?
GET on your knees and meet the real Jesus, the One who loves you unconditionally. If you do that, you can't get enough reading, praying, praising, or giving.

Yes, the church needs to have a spiritual EKG.

2 comments:

  1. I like your EKG example. We sing a song that says, "The more I know Him - the more I love Him - the more I love Him - the more I know Him" When we truly love Him - we will know Him. And when we truly know Him - we will love Him.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words to that song is soooo true!

    ReplyDelete