Monday, April 20, 2009

God Moves in a Mysterious Way...

I had to attend my uncle's funeral today and was wondering how I would do coming just after my son's death in March. It was a graveside service and the girl standing in front of me lost her young brother last year. He was 29yrs old, a police officer, while on patrol a truck driver ran a red light and struck his patrol car and killed him. I consider Lori a dear friend, and her whole family. I dispatched police for 10 yrs before transferring to the courthouse. During the service we were both doing ok while the preacher was reading the Word, then a lady come to the front to sing about heaven. Lori burst into tears, my attention was immediately drawn to her, I got beside her, put my arm around her and was praying for her. It was not until after the service I realized, I didn't even think about Abe! I was so drawn to Lori and praying for her comfort, that was all I could think about. God is pretty slick, isn't He? God orchestrated the whole thing, placing Lori in front of me. There were a lot of people at the graveside, Uncle Harvey was a former mayor of the city, his son an active police officer, so there were also a lot of officers there. But God saw to it that Lori stood in front of me. She later emailed me and told me she was about to lose it when I put my arm around her and that comforted her. I had to email her back and tell her she probably did more for me than I did her.
The "little" things God does for His children.

God moves in a mysterious way,
His wonders to perform;
He plants his footsteps in the sea,
And rides upon the storm.
-William Cowper (1731-1800)

No comments:

Post a Comment