Tuesday, June 30, 2009

God's Glory...

Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His Glory. Isaiah 6:3

What is "God's Glory?" God's Glory is the revelation of His being, nature and presence. Sometimes with physical phenomena. This was shown in the cloud which led the Israelites through the desert. Ex. 16:10. Rested on Mt. Sinai. Ex. 24:15-17. And filled the tabernacle. Ex 40:34,35. Isaiah 64:2 - God's Glory is His overwhelming presence. God's appearance is so intense that it is like a consuming fire that burns everything in its path. The Hebrew translation for Glory in Isaiah 6:3 is kabowd. It means, splendor, copiousness. What is copiousness? Websters dictionary says - yielding something abundantly, (a harvest) plentiful in number, full of thought, or information or matter. Profuse or exuberant in words or expression, or style. Taking place on a large scale. That is enough to make you shout hallelujah! Let Psalm 63:1,2 be your prayer - O God, thou art my God; early will I seek Thee: my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is. To see Thy power and Thy Glory so as I have seen Thee in the sanctuary. O Lord, fill my life with Your Glory. Give me revelation of your being, nature, and presence. Let Your overwhelming presence be so intense in my life, that it is like a consuming fire, it burns up everything in its path that is not pleasing to You. May my life yield an abundant harvest, and be exuberant in the expression of praise. This is my prayer in Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment