Monday, June 8, 2009

Only The Ice Cream Shows...

There's something I want to state
about the problem of my weight.
I know that it's a sin-
to let yourself get in the shape I'm in.
I'm going to control it - I can I know-
meanwhile I'm glad that my other sins don't show.
When I don't read my Bible or pray-
or some angry word I say-
I'm so thankful people only see-
the french fries sagging on me.
And when I tell a little lie
it doesn't hang on my hips like apple pie.
I wonder how I'd look if each unkind thought-
tightened around my knees like the pants I bought.
And whatever would I do to hide my hate,
if it hung outside for all the world to see that sin-
hanging there like a double chin.
If my indifference stuck like glue- the way Italian sausages do,
and if gossiping put fat where I once was thin-
oh my, what a shape I'd be in.
If every little doubt were a piece of lemon pie-
my weight scales could not measure that high.
Thank goodness that no one but God knows-
because when you look at me
only the ice cream shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment