Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fear Not...

I have heard there are 365 fear nots in the Bible, one for every day of the year. I have not researched it myself so I cannot say that is a fact. But needless to say, the Bible has plenty to say about fear. As christians we really have nothing to fear. But if you look around there is fear everywhere. On the news, at work, at school, the drs office, just about anywhere you go you will find fear. The latest fear is the swine flu. Everyone has been engrossed with fear over the economy but as soon as their health gets endangered the economy is quickly forgotten. I recall an old rhyme I had read on a gospel tract that went like this:
To lose one's wealth is sad indeed,
To lose one's health is more,
To lose one's soul is such a loss
That no man can restore.

I think the answer to all of this fear is to get our eyes off of self and get them on Jesus. You will find that your fears will be relieved. Read and memorize Psalm 91.

1 comment:

  1. Fear & faith cannot both occupy the same space, or our life. I have chosen faith!!! It is a choice. I will believe the Word of the Lord.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete