Tuesday, May 12, 2009

God's Revelation To Me About Permanent Weight Loss

Part One

To begin I was the skinny kid who no matter what I ate, or no matter how much I ate, I could not gain weight. That was the trend for me all the way thru my twenties. As a teenager I would eat super weight on tablets, and tried different things to make myself gain weight, but nothing worked. With my first baby I weighed only 125lbs at delivery. With my second baby I weighed 150lbs but the weight quickly came off and before I knew it I was back to my 100lbs. Little did I know how blessed I was. That would change in my thirties.

I had a hysterectomy at the age of 28 and after that and 2 babies and turning 30 I noticed my body started to change. I was gaining weight and gaining it rapidly. At first I was so thrilled with it, happy I would no longer look like a toothpick that I ate and gained, and gained. Then finally one day I looked in the mirror and noticed I was fat! I told myself, "this has to stop."

What did I do to stop it? I did what Psalm 1 warns against. I took counsel from the ungodly by trying all the fad diets and pills. Only thing, none of them was a permanent solution. I would lose weight, gain it back, lose again, gain it back, on and on this cycle went. I would pray for God to decrease my appetite and take away my sweet cravings. Nothing worked. The diets didn't work and my prayers weren't being answered. After about 6 yrs of this I asked God for wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment