Monday, May 11, 2009

Word of Wisdom...

The smallest obedient act is better than the greatest intention.

There is an old saying that goes like this: The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

What in life have you intended to do but haven't gotten around to yet? Maybe you want to lose some weight and get in better shape. I have heard it said, better to spend 30 minutes a day exercising than spend hrs every week in a drs office. The greatest excuse is, I don't have time. Do you have time to run back and forth to a dr, or wait in line at the local pharmacy?

Maybe you have intended on spending more quiet time with God, but can't seem to get around to it. There are 2 things I have never been sorry I did; one is exercising, the other is spending time with God. I have never said to myself, gee, I am sorry I exercised or I'm sorry that I spent that time in prayer and Bible study.

Yes, these are two of the things in life we get the greatest benefit from but it is also the two things we procrastinate about the most. Why? Because it is the last thing the devil wants for you, to get to know God better and to be in good health. The devil knows if he can get your health down, he can manipulate your time with God because you won't feel like doing anything. Set aside time everyday for both of these activities, you can't afford not to.

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. ICor 6:20

That is an interesting verse, glorify God in your body(eat right and exercise) and in your spirit, (prayer and Bible study) People forget the great price God paid for them and forget Who they belong to.

1 comment:

  1. Boy you hit me right between the eyes on paragraph 1, Karen!!!! My weight.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete