Friday, May 15, 2009

God's Revelation To Me About Permanent Weight Loss Pt 4

Part Four

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Hosea 4:6

Obesity tends to run in families, but since family members share diet and lifestyle habits as well as genes, indentifying genetics as the sole cause may be difficult. You are not overweight because your grandma or your mom or anyone else in your family was overweight. You are overweight and they were too because of poor eating habits.

People are always looking for an excuse for their sin. The truth is what sets us free. As long as we can lay the blame on someone else we feel justified in our sin. The blame game started in the Garden of Eden.

The sin of gluttony is like any other sin, you can overcome it.

The steps God led me through to permanent weight loss:

1. I had to admit what I was doing was sin.
2. I had to change my focus. I had to get my focus off of the wisdom of this world and get my focus on God.
3. I had to SUFFER. I had to learn new habits. I had to make myself exercise. I still do. I exercise on a regular basis.

Again, we are looking for the easy way out. It is like the wondering in the wilderness for 40 yrs. They went around the same mountain again and again. It took them 40yrs to make an 11 day trip! It is the same with weight loss. The trip is a whole lot shorter if you do it God's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment